Born in Canada, educated in Paris, France (ENS-Ulm, EHESS, Agregation de Sciences Sociales: Paris). Lived in Canada, Egypt, Switzerland, Germany, UK, and Australia. PhD in (Energy) Economics. MSc Sociology. B.(International) Law. Worked for INRA (Montpellier, France) and CLIMA, UWA (Perth) before.
Former Deputy Head of School.
Former Chair of School Teaching & Learning Committee
Former Member of Faculty Research Committee
Member of "Education Futures" Faculty committee
Library Liaison Officer
- Mapping out the policy value of competitive tenders for procuring environmental services
- Modelling conflicting equity/fairness values, computing a corresponding equity metric, and evaluating trade-offs with economic efficiency or other performance criteria (Both research fields use Experimental Economics)
- LWA (Land & Water Australia)
- ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research)
- AusAID CARD (Vietnam)
- NERP (National Environmental Research Program)
- ARC-Discovery Grant & International Collaboration Award
Research Officer, INRA Montpellier, France (1984 - 1996)
Research Fellow, CLIMA, UWA (1994-95)
- NERP (National Environmental Research Program): Equity and Efficiency in Environmental Policy.
- CRC for Water Sensitive Cities (Economic modelling)
- ARC-Discovery "Designing for uncertainty in conservation auctions" (with Canada & Germany)
Natural resource economics
Business and Environment (3rd year)
Project and Risk Management (3rd year)
Climate, Energy & Water Economics (Masters)
Development Economics (Masters)
Farming and Aquaculture systems. Energy analysis. Bio-economic modelling. Experimental & Behavioural Economics. Market-based instruments: competitive conservation tenders. Equity in economic analysis and policy assessment. Economics of subjective quality. Environmental management by business.
German (fairly good)
Russian (basic conversation)
Arabic (simple conversation)