Leo is an Assistant Professor in Accounting at the UWA Business School. Prior to his appointment at UWA he was Lecturer in Advanced Financial Accounting at La Trobe University in Melbourne. His PhD was completed in the field of Finance at La Trobe University. He also holds a Master of Economics (Research) from La Trobe University, and a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) from RMIT University. Leo has been a Unit Coordinator and Lecturer in Accounting at several Universities in Australia. Prior to academia Leo worked for several organisations in industry in a diversity of fields, including auditing, taxation, management accounting, legal enforcement and financial market regulation.
Has served as a member on the :
* ASX Company Listings Committee (1991 - 1992)
* ASX National Enforcement Committee (1992 - 1993)
* LTU Schools Visitation Committee (1998 - 2003)
* UWA Business School Teaching & Learning Committee (2011 - 2018)
* UWA Business School Education Committee (2015 - 2017)
* Postgraduate Board Of Studies (2015 - 2016)
* Undergraduate Board Of Studies (2016 - 2017)
* FABLE School Board Of Examiners Committee (2018)
* Impact of Computer technology on Investment and Trading patterns in different financial markets
* Corporate Governance in the Sport and Hotel industry
* Financial Performance Measurement in Sport, Leisure & Hospitality
* Education Futures Grant UWA - Adaptive Learning in Accounting [in collaboration with Nikki Schonfeldt and Peter Robinson] (2016)
* Industry Grant Vision Reach Australia - Disruption and Financial Performance within the Football Industry [in collaboration with Gary Stockport] (2015)
* University Of Western Australia Teaching Grant (2013)
* La Trobe University Project Grant (2004)
* Involved in the initial formation and design of the ASX Australian National Schools Stock Market Game.
* His use of various innovative teaching methods were included in the 2009 Final Report compiled by the ALTC (Australian Learning and Teaching Council) for best practice teaching strategies and distributed to all Australian Universities.
* Peer Reviewer for the National Accounting Learning Standards Achievement Project
* Mentor to Associate Members for the CPA Program
Langa, L., Graetz, B. and McCormack, D. (2017), "Creatures of Habit and Risky Business : Trading Behaviour and the Segmentation of Online Investors". (Forthcoming Paper)
Langa,L., McCormack, D. and Graetz, B. (2017), "A Demographic profile of Internet Investors and their Tools of the Trade". (Forthcoming paper)
Stockport, G., and Langa, L. (2018), "Examining the financial performance and disruption taking place within Industry Sectors & Football Clubs".
Langa, L., and Stockport, G. (2018), "An analysis of financial distress of Companies operating in the Hotel Industry".
* Listing Of Public Companies (Australian Stock Exchange)
* Income Tax Legislation (Australian Taxation Office)
* Management Accounting (Ford Motor Company Limited)
* Internal Auditing (Cadbury Schweppes Company Limited PLC)
* Financial Accounting - ACCT1101 in the Undergraduate Commerce Degree
* Introductory Financial Accounting - ACCT5432 in the Postgraduate Masters Degree Program (Master Of Professional Accounting) & (Master Of Commerce)
* In previous years, Leo has also taught the following units at various Australian Universities - Accounting for Management Decisions, Introductory Financial Accounting, Corporate Reporting, Advanced Financial Accounting, Accounting & Management for Small Business, Introductory Management Accounting, Accounting & Management for Entrepreneurs, Intermediate Management Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Advanced Accounting Theory and Financial Markets, Instruments & Institutions.
* Financial Accounting
* Behavioural Finance
* Stock Market Valuation Systems
* Insider Trading