Research Output per year
I was a lecturer in Linguistics at UWA until 2017. Before my PhD, Iworked as a linguist at the Institute for Aboriginal Development (an Aboriginal community organisation) in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory from 1984-1993.
Continuing research on the lexicon and grammar of Eastern and Central Arrernte, including
- revised edition of the Eastern/Central Arrernte to English Dictionary
- Number-marking in Arandic languages
- Structures in Arandic Song
- Variation and Change in Arandic
The roles of Linguists, Linguistics and Language Communities in Language Description and Documentation
• Phonetics and Phonology
• Language Documentation especially in digital form.
• The roles of Linguists, Linguistics and Language Communities in the continuation of endangered languages and in language description and documentation.
Research expertise keywords
- Australian Aboriginal languages
- Australian English
- Grammatical description
- Phonetics and phonology
Research output: Chapter in Book/Conference paper › Chapter
Genome-wide association and HLA fine-mapping studies identify risk loci and genetic pathways underlying allergic rhinitisthe 23andMe Research Team & AAGC collaborators, 1 Aug 2018, In : Nature Genetics. 50, 8, p. 1072-1080 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Letter
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Book/Report › Edited book/Anthology
Projects per year
Rescuing Carl Strehlows Indigenous Cultural Heritage Legacy - The Neglected German Tradition of Arandic Ethnography
Henderson, J. & Peterson, N.
1/01/12 → 31/12/12
Henderson, J., Scott, K., McGlade, H. & Smith-Ali, D.
1/01/04 → 31/12/04
1/01/03 → 31/12/04