Jared is an Associate Director in the Centre for Mining, Energy and Natural Resources Law at the University of Western Australia. He holds a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours, a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. Jared is currently completing a Doctor of Philosophy in taxation law at the University of Western Australia.
Prior to joining the Law School, Jared practised as a corporate lawyer at Allens Linklaters, Ashurst and PricewaterhouseCoopers. His experience includes advising clients on share and business acquisitions, asset sales, mining transactions, joint ventures, and corporate restructures. Jared also has expertise commercial litigation and corporate insolvencies.
• $69,750 – Funding from National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training, Office of Water Science, Department of Environment for Shale and Tight Gas Regulation Review together with Chandler J, Gardner A, Webster A, Bartlett R and Fardin G, 2015
• $3,100 – Seeding Funding Grant, Faculty of Law, University of Western Australia for research on the Deductibility of Petroleum Exploration Expenditure for PRRT and Income Tax Purposes, 2015
• Board Member and Treasurer, Street Law Centre WA Inc
• State Committee Member, Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association
• Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Western Australia and High Court of Australia
• Mining and Energy Law (LLB, JD and LLM)
• Resource Taxation (LLM and M.Tax)
• Taxation Law (B.Com)
• Income Taxation Law (LLB and JD)
Mining and Energy Law