Research Output per year
Dr Janice Kan received her Bachelor of Dental Science degree with honours from the University of Western Australia in 2001 and was awarded the Wyn Needham Memorial Prize for being the most outstanding student.
In 2007, she received commendations with the completion of the Primary Examinations of The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
Upon her graduation from the three years full time Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) degree at the University of Melbourne, she returned to Perth and commenced her private specialist practice in 2011.
She is currently the Past President of The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP) and has been heavily involved with this peak body of specialty prosthodontics since 2016. In addition, she founded (2014) and currently serves as the Immediate Past President of the Women in Dentistry Society. She is a fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI), Academy of Dentistry International (ADI) and International College of Dentists (ICD). In 2017, Dr Janice Kan was appointed as an Adjunct Senior Clinical Lecturer by the University of Western Australia.
Roles and responsibilities
With specialist expertise and a good comprehension of the latest evidence based dental literature on treatment material and techniques, Dr Janice Kan can provide the highest possible quality of dental care for her patients.
Scope of dental treatment offered include - reconstructive, aesthetic and implant dentistry through
- ceramic veneers, inlays / onlays
- conventional tooth supported and implant supported crown and bridgework
- conventional complete / partial dentures
- implant supported / retained overdentures
- management of worn dentition
• An outcome from collaboration with the Melbourne Dental School, Melbourne Materials Institute, School of Physicals and Engineering of the University of Melbourne
- Recipient of the Australian Prosthodontic Society Research Fund, the University of Melbourne Postgraduate Research Fund, Sponsorship from Institut Straumann AG)
Besides private specialist practice, she remains active in academic teaching including:
- Presenter for Australian Dental Association (WA, VIC) Continuing Professional Development Education Programs
- Fellow and Registered Speaker for the International Team for Implantology (ITI)
- Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International (ADI)
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD)
- Director of the International Team for Implantology (ITI) - Perth ITI Study Club
- Director of the Perth Prosthodontics Study Clubs for Experienced and Undergraduate Dentists
- Lecturer at Universities (University of Western Australia, University of Melbourne) - For Undergraduate Dental Students
- Referee for Research Grant Application - Australian Dental Research Foundation Inc.
- Examiner for Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) Research Thesis for the University Of Melbourne
- Guest Presenter for South West Dental Convocation, Australian Society of Orthodontists, Australasian Osseointegration Society
With keen interest in dental implant biomechanics, she has presented her research at various conferences and has published in the respected international dental journal and clinical textbook.
Conferences Presented In
The International Team of Implantology ITI Education Day 2012 (Adelaide, Australia)
International College of Prosthodontists (ICP) Conference 2011 (Hawaii, USA)
International Quintessence Symposium on Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry 2010 (Sydney, Australia)
The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP) Biennial Conference 2010 (Melbourne, Australia)
President of the Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP)
Founder and Immediate Past President of Women in Dentistry Society
Fellow and Registered Speaker for the International Team of Implantology
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article