• 2016 UWA Near Miss Central Grant scheme, $34,000AUD.
• 2015 UWA Internal Teaching Relief Scheme. $19,903AUD.
• Lead investigator, ‘Histories and legacies of deportation across the Pacific,’ USAsia Centre Seed Funding Grant, 2014. $10,000AUD.
• Residential Research Fellow, Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies, University of Michigan. January – May 2012. Associated travel grant: $5000 USD
• Australia Learning and Teaching Council Team award recipient to investigate “Engineering and Social Justice,” Team coordinated by Winthrop Professor Caroline Baillie, 2010-2011. Total grant: $213,000.
• Chief Investigator, “Comparative Wests: Peripheral Regions in Settler Colonial Societies,” Total Grant $31,000: $15,000 ISL-HCA Linkage Grant from the Australian Academy for the Humanities, 2010. $13,000 matching funds from UWA, $3000 from United States Studies Centre at Sydney University.
• Australian Academy of the Humanities Traveling Fellowship, 2010 ($4000).
• Australian Academy of the Humanities Publication Subsidy ($3000).
• Littleton-Griswold Research Grant, from the American Historical Association, 2006-2007, Sole Investigator ($1000 USD).
• University of Western Australia Research Development Grant, 2006, Sole Investigator ($26,500 AUD).
United States History; History of Punishment; Immigration History; Ethnic Studies; Cultural History; Labor/Working Class History; Critical Theory; Gender and Masculinities; US-Mexico Borderlands; Deportation; Comparative Wests; Technology; Settler Colonialisms, Spatial History; Deaths in Custody.