Research Output per year
Roles and responsibilities
- Chair, History Discipline Group, UWA
- Convenor, Australian and New Zealand Environmental History Network
- Convenor, Ecology, People, Place (EcoPeoPle) Research Group
- Director, Centre for Western Australian History
- Steering Committee member, The Beeliar Group of Professors for Environmental Responsibility
- Urban environmental history
- Water history
- Animals in history
- History of fish and fishing
- Agricultural history
- Western Australian environmental history
• Wild cities: an environmental history of nature in urban modernity 1880-2010
• Comparing historical approaches to nature's diversity in South Africa and Western Australia
• A history of Landcare in Western Australia
• Andrea Gaynor; Lionel Frost; Jenny Gregory; Ruth Morgan; Martin Shanahan; Peter Spearritt, ARC Discovery – Projects DP180100807 Water and the making of urban Australia since 1900
• Katie Holmes, Richard Broome, Andrea Gaynor, Charles Fahey, Ruth Ford, 2012 ARC Discovery – Projects Changing landscapes, changing people: Australia's southern mallee lands, 1830 - 2012, $613,000
• Jo Lindsay, Seamus O’Hanlon, Lionel Frost, Andrea Gaynor, Jenny Gregory, Peter Spearritt, Meredith Dobbie, Kelly Fielding. 2012 CRC for Water Sensitive Cities Project A2.2 Understanding social processes to achieve water sensitive futures, $100,000.
• Richard Hobbs, Andrea Gaynor, 2011 UWA Institute of Advanced Studies Professor-at-large scheme $17,500
• Joint Chief Investigator on ARC Linkage – Infrastructure, Equipment, Facilities Grant 2011: $600 000 for ‘Establishment of the Australian data archive: an integrated research facility for the social sciences and humanities’.
• Project team member on Australian Learning and Teaching Council Grant, 2010-2011: $135 000 for ‘Engineering Education for Social and Environmental Justice’.
• Lotterywest Gordon Reid Conservation of Natural Heritage Grant (through WWF) 2007, $31,695 for historical component of ‘Toward Woodland Recovery’
• UWA Research Grant Scheme 2006, with Assoc. Prof. Ian McLean (Fine Arts): $29 100 for a Pilot Ecological Art History of the Swan River Region, 1827-1950
• Co-recipient of grant from Humanities and Social Sciences Research Program 2003, with Prof. David Trigger and Dr. Jane Mulcock, Anthropology: $14 800 for a research project: ‘Nature, culture and belonging in regional Australia’.
• UWA Research Grant Scheme 2002: $14 630 for a research project entitled ‘Environmental history of suburban food production in Perth and Melbourne 1880-2000’.
2015 Carson Fellow, Rachel Carson Center for Environment & Society, LMU Munich
2010 Deputy Head of the School of Humanities (Research and Research Training), UWA
2007 Discipline Chair, History, UWA
2004 Associate Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (Teaching and Learning), UWA
- environmental history and emotions in Australian urban wildlife encounters
- history of Landcare in WA
- history of urban agriculture in Australia
• History of urban agriculture informs current local government, community and NGO initiatives in this area.
• History of urban wild nature informs current urban greening and conservation initiatives
• History of Landcare informs current renewal strategy
- Environmental History
- Urban History
- Human-Animal Relations
- Economic History
- Agricultural History
- Australian history
- Environmental history
- Ecological history
- Urban history
- Western Australian history
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › Featured article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Book/Report › Edited book/Anthology
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › Article
Projects per year
Gaynor, A. & Christensen, J.
1/11/19 → 30/04/20
1/01/18 → 31/12/20
1/07/13 → 30/06/16
Gaynor, A., Holmes, K., Broome, R., Fahey, C. & Ford, R.
1/01/13 → 31/12/15