Description of impactOn 13 September 2018, the Minister for Health, the Hon Greg Hunt MP, referred the Inquiry into Sleep Health Awareness in Australia (the inquiry) to the Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport (the Committee).
The Committee considered issues related to inadequate sleep and sleep disorders as part of the inquiry.
1. The prevalence and causes of inadequate sleep and sleep disorders, as well as diagnosis, management and treatment options;
2. The links between sleep health and physical and mental health conditions;
3. Impacts of fatigue in the workplace and on the road, as well as how shift work and other workplace practices can effect sleep quality and duration; and
4. Community awareness of sleep health issues, and further research into sleep that may be needed.
I contributed in two ways:
1. Via a submission to the Inquiry
2. I was invited to present to the Inquiry on 29th January 2019
|Impact date||13 Sep 2018 → 1 Apr 2019|
|Category of impact||Health and Well being Impact|