This resource contains a bathymetry compilation prepared by the University of Western Australia for the North West Shelf of Australia, between the Cape Range and the Dampier Peninsula.
The compilation includes, by decreasing resolution:
- Publicly available MBES datasets, made available by Geoscience Australia by December 2019.
- Satellite derived bathymetry produced using 1000+ images acquired between January 2017 and December 2019.
- Seismic derived bathymetry extracted from 100+ surveys acquired between 1981 and 2015.
- SRTM topography, reprocessed by Galant et al, 2011: http://pid.geoscience.gov.au/dataset/ga/72759
- 2009 Australian Bathymetry and Topography grid: http://pid.geoscience.gov.au/dataset/ga/67703
The Seismic and Satellite derived bathymetry grids are also available as individual layers.
The vertical and spatial accuracy of the datasets have been thoroughly assessed using high-resolution datasets including publicly available MBES and LADS surveys. The assessment indicates that the seismic derived bathymetry has a depth accuracy better than 1 m + 2% of the absolute water depths while the satellites derived bathymetry has a depth accuracy better than 1 m + 5% of the absolute water depths.
|Date made available||2021|
|Temporal coverage||1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2019|
|Date of data production||2021|
|Geographical coverage||North West Shelf of Australia|
- Satellite Derived Bathymetry
- Navigation Derived Bathymetry
- Swath Bathymetry
- Multibeam Echo Sounder (MBES)
- Digital Elevation Model
- Geoscientific Information