Companion dataset to the paper:
Monte Carlo Simulations for Uncertainty Estimation in 3D Geological Modeling, A Guide for Disturbance Distribution Selection and Parameterization, Evren Pakyuz-Charrier, Mark Lindsay, Vitaliy Ogarko, Jeremie Giraud, Mark Jessell
This dataset contains three archives pertaining to Monte Carlo Uncertainty Estimation (MCUE) in implicit 3D geological models:
1. Graben_base.7z is a GeoModeller three dimensional model of the Mansfield syncline area (Victoria, Australia). This model is natively available in every GeoModeller install under the name of "Tutorial case study H".
2. MCUE_Graben_nopoletransform.7z is the MCUE output for non pole transfomed foliations.
3. MCUE_Graben_poletransform.7z is the MCUE output for non transfomed foliations.
In the output archive files:
- xml files are the GeoModeller project saves, these can be opened with Intrepid's free viewer for GeoModeller 3.3 3.4 (available @: http://www.intrepid-geophysics.com/ig/index.php?page=geomodeller-update)
- .vo, .isi and .vop1 files are the lithological voxet exports in binary GOCAD format, these can be opened with the aforementionned viewer or Geocando (available @: https://sourceforge.net/projects/geocando)
- .vtk files are the MCUE uncertainty indexes outputs, these can be opened with Paraview (available @: https://www.paraview.org/download)
- .csv file is the MCUE probabilistic model output, it can be opened with any text editor /spreadsheet
|Date made available||30 Aug 2017|