I am the Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Western Australia and Director of Postgraduate Studies in Health Professional Education. I have worked as a curriculum developer and educational researcher since joining the Faculty Education Centre team in 2002. I have a broad set of projects and responsibilities including most recently the design, implementation and coordination of post graduate courses in health professional education (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters Programs).
Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning
Director of Postgraduate Courses in Health Professional Education
• 2010 Health Workforce Australia CTF10-121-08 ($4.5 million – funding amount to be confirmed) Beyond the Teaching Nursing Home. Clinical Training Partnerships in Residential Aged Care Medicine
• 2010 Health Workforce Australia CTF10-121-08 CTF10-121-03 ($6.1M requested- funding amount to be confirmed) Training for the Future: Chronic Disease Management in the Community: An Interprofessional Approach (with SMP and SPARCH)
• 2010 Department of Health and Aging ICTC 213/095-95 $883 336, Educator Supported Interprofessional Learning in Ambulatory Care (with School of Medicine and Pharmacology)
• 2010 Department of Health and Aging ICTC 94-213/0910 $1 752 401, Interprofessional Learning in a Residential Care Setting (with School of Medicine and Pharmacology)
• 2010 UWA Teaching and Development Fund $20 000, Implementation of enhanced feedback mechanisms for students of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (FMDHS) about their performance in clinical assessments
• 2009 FMDHS, Teaching and Learning Grant $21 110, Implementing Interprofessional Learning across the Faculty.
RN, RM, BSc Curtin, MPH W.Aust.
Unit Coordinator of undergraduate units in medicine
IMED3316 Doctors as Teachers
IMED4413 Preparation for Practice
IMED8801 Principles of Teaching and Learning
IMED8804 Clinical Teaching and Supervision
IMED8806 Introduction to Simulation in Health Professional Education
IMED8832 Interprofessional Learning